Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
For full credit, you must compare and contrast what you observe within the family to specific research results cited in laursen & collins.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with an opportunity to apply course content to what is shown in the media. For this assignment, you will be choosing and analyzing a fictional family found in either a TV show or a movie. The family must include an adolescent and your analysis will focus on the parent-adolescent relationship. You can use TV shows/movies that are currently airing or ones from the past. Once you identify a fictional family, you will apply module readings to what you can observe from parent-adolescent relationship(s) in this family. Your analysis must include connections to specific module research as well as a biblical integration component.
In your analysis, you will be required to describe and integrate details related to the following topic areas, so be sure that you choose a fictional family that provides enough information to do a thorough job. The structure of your analysis must follow the outline below and all headings must be formatted as Level I APA-style headings.
• At the beginning of your analysis, describe as much basic information about the family as possible including:
– Name of TV show/movie
– Number of parents present and if they are married or not
– Description of any siblings in the home and anyone else who lives in the home
– Best estimates as to ages of children and parent(s)
– Any other demographic information you feel is pertinent
• Parenting Styles – Using research found in your Laursen & Collins module reading (see pages 16-18), identify which of the four parenting styles are represented in the family. Be sure to include specific examples and descriptions to support your conclusion.
• Positive Interactions and Support – Using research from Laursen & Collins (p. 18-21), describe any evidence of positive interactions, closeness, and support between the parent(s) and adolescent. For full credit, you must compare and contrast what you observe within the family to specific research results cited in Laursen & Collins.
• Negative Interactions and Conflict – Using research from Laursen & Collins (p. 21 – 25), describe any evidence of negative interactions and conflict between the parent(s) and adolescent. For full credit, you must compare and contrast what you observe within the family to specific research results cited in Laursen & Collins.
• Adolescent Outcomes – Using research from Laursen & Collins (p. 26 – 29), describe any evidence of positive or negative outcomes seen in the adolescent. If there is not enough information to be observed, be sure to include a discussion of what outcomes could be expected given the parenting styles, positive interactions, and conflict assessed above.
• Biblical Integration – Provide a discussion of what the Bible has to say about family relationships, support, and/or conflict. You must use at least two different Scriptural references in this section to support your discussion.