Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
In terms of “at-riskedness,” rank the itemized list above in order for which you feel puts this family at most risk in the eyes of dss.
Read the scenario below. For the purposes of this assignment, you may wish to put yourself in a professional role (of your choice) working with children of any and all ages. During a recent encounter with a child, you learn the child the following information:
1. is one of 5 children in the family,
2. lives in a local motel,
3. “lives” with his mother and siblings,
4. is 10 years old,
5. is the eldest of all the children in his family.
6. mom has a car, but it is broken at the time
7. mom struggles to work and finds childcare unreliable and expensive
8. is food motivated; always asks for a snack
9. babysits siblings so mom can work third shift at a local gas station
10. reads on a 1st grade level
11. worries mom isn’t going to make enough money to pay for hotel and will be forced to live out of the non-working car.
You find this child extremely bright, receptive, and street-smart. You have, over time, developed a trusting relationship with this boy. You continue to hear much of the same information from the child, in bits and pieces. You want to help the boy and his siblings, know mom is “doing the best she can” but the children are suffering for it. They remain hungry, dirty, and every time you see any of the children of the family, they are covered in ringworm, scabies, or impetigo. Truancy is an issue of concern for the children and DSS has been called to investigate.
DSS interviews you and asks for your input and findings. Read the following questions and answer with the next steps you would take in order to assist and help this struggling family.
1. In terms of “at-riskedness,” rank the itemized list above in order for which you feel puts this family at MOST risk in the eyes of DSS. You may rank them (1-11) in a completely different fashion, it’s totally up to you! For each item listed, be sure to defend your rationale and provide a written for why you placed an item where you did.
2. What actions do you think DSS will take once they become involved or do a complete investigation?
3. Knowing what you do currently about DSS, would you assist them with their investigation and provide accurate responses to their questions? Why or why not?
4. Let’s assume… based on your input to DSS, all of the children are removed from their hotel room and placed in a temporary children’s home, awaiting foster care placement. They all may be placed together and they may be split between foster homes. How do you anticipate feeling about this particular scenario? Will you do anything from this point, moving forward, for this family? If so, what?
5. Do you feel any of these children are at-risk for becoming a high school dropout? Defend your answer.