Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Choose one of the following essay prompts to respond to. Using ONLY course mater
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Choose one of the following essay prompts to respond to. Using ONLY course materials (readings, videos, etc.) as your references, write a 4-5 page (1000-1250 word) essay. This is NOT a research paper. Rather, it is an essay that analyzes what the readings say about the topic in the question you choose to answer.
A few things to note:
• Your essay should have an introduction paragraph that is roughly half a page long and that ends with a clear thesis statement (main argument). A thesis statement is different than a topic sentence. If you’re unsure, go HERE.
• Your body paragraphs should each begin with a topic sentence in which you introduce the idea that you will develop in that paragraph. Each body paragraph should end with sentene that summarizes the idea that you developed in that paragraph.
• Your conclusion should summarize the main ideas of your paper and restate your thesis (in different words). Conclusions generally should not include new ideas or information.
• Because this is a midterm, you do not need to fuss about proper citations and no reference list is needed. Just make sure it is clear to me which text you are referring to (eg. ‘In the article about the war in northern Uganda…’)
• I’ve attached a simple rubric so you know what I’m looking for.
• Your essay will be submitted to SafeAssign.
• DUE: Monday, June 20 @ 4:30pm
1. Use at least 3 texts from W1-W4 to answer the following question: How does gender influence what qualifies as “work,” and how does this change based on other parts of social identity? The following questions are some examples of how you may want to respond, but you are not required to answer the following questions in your essay – they are just suggestions/ideas. For example, in Watson’s article, does marriage change a woman’s (and/or man’s) labour? Do paid and unpaid work differ in value according to gender? Do some forms of work cause changes to people’s identities, or does a change in a person’s identity (eg. from daughter to wife, son to husband, woman to mother, man to father…) alter their work?
2. Drawing on at least 3 texts from W1-W4, evaluate how the value and/or meaning of work changes or remains the same across time and context. What accounts for the change or persistence of the value and/or meaning of work? Can you draw any conclusions through your analysis of the (at least) 3 texts (this would be your thesis statement)? The following questions are some examples of how you may want to respond, but you are not required to answer the following questions in your essay – they are just suggestions/ideas. Does the value and/or meaning of women’s work change across generations in the lives of women of the City of the Dead? In Taussig’s article, does the value of work change according to the value of the commodity produced and vice versa? In Okot Bitek’s piece, for example, has war changed the value and/or meaning of work?
Resources need to be used:
Watson “Tales from the City of the Dead” https://tinyurl.com/y9xhjfco
Hesmondhalgh & Baker “Sex, Gender and Work Segregation in the Cultural Industries” https://tinyurl.com/y5wgevj4
Cultures, Gender Equality and Development Cooperation” 2000, CIDA
Your grade breakdown based on the following rubric:
1. Clear and complex argument/thesis: – /12
2. Engages with a minimum 3 sources from course to provide sufficient evidence to respond to the essay question – /24
3. Analysis/ideas/critical thinking/evidence – /40
4. Organization/structure/flow – /24