Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
This assignment asks students to analyze a social welfare or health policy. (No
This assignment asks students to analyze a social welfare or health policy. (Note: Policies can usually be identified by legislation that has been passed or an act of Congress.) The length of the paper should be 8-10 pages (not including cover and reference pages) and follow APA format. A minimum of three (3) sources must be cited (in-text) and included in the reference page.
Suggested Social Welfare and Health Policies:
• Civil Rights Act of 1964
• Older Americans Act
• Americans with Disability Act of 1990 (ADA)
• Indian Child Welfare ACT (ICWA) of 1978
• Family and Medical Leave Act
• Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act
• The Affordable Care Act of 2010
• Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act of 1974
• Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997
• Foster Care Independence Act of 1999
• The Social Security Act of 1935
• The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
• Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008
• Family First Prevention Services Act of 2018
• Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2016
• Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015
• Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act
• Henrietta Lacks Enhancing Cancer Research Act of 2019
• Protecting Americans with Pre-Existing Conditions Act of 2019
The paper should include the following:
Identification of the Social Problem or Issue to Be Addressed Answer the following questions:
What is the problem?
What are the definitions of the problem?
What are the underlying causes or factors associated with the problem?
What is the extent of the problem? Who is affected by the problem?
How many are affected by the problem? Provide statistics.
Analysis of Current Policy
Identify the current policy that addresses the problem and explain how the current policy impacts on the delivery of service designed to address the problem.
Answer the following questions:
What is the overall goal (purpose)?
Are there sub-goals? If so, identify them.
Policy and Legislation
What legislation or act reflects the policy?
Who supports the policy? Why?
Who opposes the policy? Why?
Implementation of Social Welfare or Health Program(s)
What social welfare or health programs have been implemented as a result of the policy?
What are the services or benefits provided by each program?
Are the programs effective?
What are the strengths (benefits to the people) and weaknesses (problems) of each program?
Legislative Intended Impact
What was supposed to be the result of the legislation? (In what ways was the social problem supposed to be changed?)
Who was supposed to be affected?
Conclusion (Actual Impact)
What are the costs and benefits?
Has the social problem changed? If yes, describe how. Did the social problem decrease? Are things better, the same, or worse? Provide statistics.
Are there unintended consequences of the policy? If yes, describe them.